Central and western NH's secular, inclusive, and fun homeschool co-op
Posts By: Crystle P
2nd Annual Bowl-a-thon!
It’s time for our annual Bowl-a-thon event!
It will be held at Boutwell’s Bowling in Concord, NH (same place as last year) on March 10, 2017.
This fundraiser helps pay for our yearbook. Our goal is to give every family one yearbook for free, but to do that we need a lot of money.
Our goal is $900. Last year we raised around $750, so we’d like to top that this year. The yearbook will be even more special, with the option to personalize up to four pages and the back cover. You’ll get to make your yearbook the most special one yet.
Here’s what you need to do to get started:
- RSVP to the Bowl-a-thon by March 7, 2017. We need a headcount to give the bowling center, and to make sure we have enough to meet their attendance requirements. Even if you can’t attend, you can still help by raising money, so keep reading on to step 2.
- Start gathering donations from sponsors. You can ask family, friends, businesses – whoever you want. A minimum donation of $10 per bowler is needed because that is our cost for the event.
- Sponsors can make a flat donation (like $25) or they can donate based on how many pins you knock down while playing (10 cents per pin for example). The maximum possible pins is 300 per game (that’s 12 strikes in a row!). We’ll be playing two games.
- Here is a donation sheet to help you keep track of your donor’s information.
- Donors can pay online or give you cash or checks (made out to Gear Up Homeschoolers).
- Make sure you tell everyone that their donations are tax deductible. Grownups love that! We’ll provide them with a receipt once their donation is received, so make sure you get a correct email or mailing address for every sponsor.
- After you’ve had a ton of fun bowling, go back to your per pin sponsors and collect the total money due. The deadline for handing in the money is March 17th, 2017 (one week after the bowl-a-thon).
- Get excited for an awesome yearbook!