Central and western NH's secular, inclusive, and fun homeschool co-op
Posts By: Crystle P
Are you looking for challenging, academic, but fun classes for your children? Gear Up is adding classes that just might be what you need.
We’re offering three 6-week sessions that will run from October 2017 through Spring 2018. The classes include Spanish and Physics. Here are brief descriptions of each:
Pura Vida Spanish! – The traditional way of teaching foreign language is not necessarily the most effective. See how gestures, action sequences, and skits accelerate the process! I would love to teach your children Spanish in ways that will build real fluency, engage, stimulate, and produce results. Discover the power of storytelling!
See the details here.
Understanding Physics through Experimentation – Ever wonder why the sky is blue? Or why a baseball travels farther than a wiffle ball when thrown? And do toilet bowls always flush counter-clockwise? These and other puzzling questions will be the subject of this fun, hands-on class.
See the details here.
The fee for the classes is $55 per student per 6-week session for Gear Up members. Non-members are welcome and encouraged to sign up, but will first need to join Gear Up (for insurance purposes). The annual fee for membership is $50 per family which also entitles you to come to any of our classes held on Friday, game nights on Tuesday, or any other event we sponsor (including our epic annual Bowl-a-thon!).
You can see more about our other class schedules here.
Come see our Art Walk in Warner
We are thrilled to announce that Gear Up Homeschoolers will be having an Art Show during the month of February.
Gear Up Homeschoolers listened to Aaron Copland’s Third Symphony while creating unique and individually inspired artwork. This piece was composed in Peterborough, New Hampshire – 1946.
EIGHT ‘Wonderful’ Warner businesses will be opening their walls to host our member’s art work.
A very warm thank you to our community for all of their support! Stop by these locations to check out unique art created by local homeschoolers :
2nd Annual Bowl-a-thon!
It’s time for our annual Bowl-a-thon event!
It will be held at Boutwell’s Bowling in Concord, NH (same place as last year) on March 10, 2017.
This fundraiser helps pay for our yearbook. Our goal is to give every family one yearbook for free, but to do that we need a lot of money.
Our goal is $900. Last year we raised around $750, so we’d like to top that this year. The yearbook will be even more special, with the option to personalize up to four pages and the back cover. You’ll get to make your yearbook the most special one yet.
Here’s what you need to do to get started:
- RSVP to the Bowl-a-thon by March 7, 2017. We need a headcount to give the bowling center, and to make sure we have enough to meet their attendance requirements. Even if you can’t attend, you can still help by raising money, so keep reading on to step 2.
- Start gathering donations from sponsors. You can ask family, friends, businesses – whoever you want. A minimum donation of $10 per bowler is needed because that is our cost for the event.
- Sponsors can make a flat donation (like $25) or they can donate based on how many pins you knock down while playing (10 cents per pin for example). The maximum possible pins is 300 per game (that’s 12 strikes in a row!). We’ll be playing two games.
- Here is a donation sheet to help you keep track of your donor’s information.
- Donors can pay online or give you cash or checks (made out to Gear Up Homeschoolers).
- Make sure you tell everyone that their donations are tax deductible. Grownups love that! We’ll provide them with a receipt once their donation is received, so make sure you get a correct email or mailing address for every sponsor.
- After you’ve had a ton of fun bowling, go back to your per pin sponsors and collect the total money due. The deadline for handing in the money is March 17th, 2017 (one week after the bowl-a-thon).
- Get excited for an awesome yearbook!